Tamilnadu Arcot style Mutton chops masala dry roast recipe. with step by step pictures.
For the ginger garlic paste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 tablespoon water
For the Marination
- 500 grams mutton chops
- 2 tablsepoon plain yogurt / curd
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml water
For the Pan Roast
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Grind the ginger and garlic with water to a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients under marination, ginger garlic paste and water in a bowl. Add in the trimmed lamb chops, marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add the marinated lamb chops and cook it slowly on a low flame for 10 whistles until well done and the meat is almost falling off the bone. Once the lamb is cooked, remove the chops and keep aside to cool.
- Reduce the remaining liquid in the cooker to form a thick sauce.
- Just before serving, grill the lamb chops on a hot griddle with some ghee, basting generously with the reduced sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu