Broccoli Paratha made with shredded broccoli that’s stuffed inside whole wheat atta dough. Healthy paratha recipe.
- Chapati dough
- 2 Broccoli heads
- 3 green chillies
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Atta – Whole wheat flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil / ghee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shred the broccoli in a food processor. While shredding broccoli, add in green chillies and ginger along with the broccoli and shred.
- Heat a pan and add in the finely shredded broccoli mixture along with a tablespoon of chickpea flour (besan) and salt.
- Saute for around 5 minutes till the mixture looks dry. Set aside to cool completely.
- Take a golf ball size of dough and slightly flatten the dough on a well floured surface. Make a small ball out of broccoli mixture ( a lime size ball) and place it in the middle of the flattened dough.
- Stretch the dough and pick up the edges of the dough and pinch on top. Keep doing it until the entire broccoli ball is covered and closed.
- Repeat with the remaining dough mixture. Let the dough balls rest for at-least 5 minutes before proceeding.
- Dust the dough ball generously in flour. Roll gently to a 4-5 inch circle.
- Heat a griddle and sprinkle oil on the griddle. Place the rolled dough on the griddle. Sprinkle oil to the top of the paratha and cook for a minute. Flip over and cook for a minute more. Cook till its golden and brown spots appear all over the paratha on both the sides.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Brunch
- Cuisine: Indian