Easy recipe for Carrot Pattani Poriyal – Carrot Peas Stir-fry Tamilnadu Style. Poriyal without coconut.
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3–4 carrots, finely chopped
- 250 grams shelled fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add in the red chillies, green chillies, chopped garlic and chopped curry leaves. Fry for 10 seconds. Add in the chopped onions and fry till the onions are soft. No need to brown.
- Add in the finely chopped carrots, peas, salt and turmeric powder. Add in a cup of water. Saute for a couple of minutes. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Cook till the veggies are fork tender and the water in the pan has completely dried out.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Carrot Pattani Poriyal with Dal and Rice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu