Recipe for Asian style Cabbage stir fry. Easy to put together side dish that can be put together in minutes. Chinese Cabbage stir fry recipe.
When we used to stay in Hong Kong, I loved their stir fried veggies served at local restaurants. All the restaurants used to have a stir fried green or veggies. Usually Chinese greens like Gai lan, Yau Choy or cabbage and even cucumbers are used for the stir-fry. The vegetables are seasoned with garlic and salt and some stock. That’s it. The stock adds a nice umami and the flavours are so clean tasting. I simply love stir-fried veggies. I can eat this almost everyday.
Here is how to do Cabbage stir fry, Asian style.
Heat sesame oil in a pan and add in the minced garlic. Let the garlic brown.
Add in the rough chopped cabbage. I also add in a 1/4 teaspoon of stock cube. It adds a nice flavour to the stir fry. This is optional but I really like the flavour of the bouillon cube.
Add in the salt and chilli flakes.
Increase the heat and saute for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
Cabbage stir fry is ready. Serve hot with rice.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 grams cabbage, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon stock cube
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add in the minced garlic. Let the garlic brown.
- Add in the rough chopped cabbage. I also add in a ¼ teaspoon of stock cube.
- Add in the salt and chilli flakes.
- Increase the heat and saute for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with rice.