Recipe for Corn Methi Pulao made with sweet corn and fenugreek leaves. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 big red onions, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups methi leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 veggie stock cube (optional)
- 1 cup Basmati rice or seeraga samba rice
- Heat butter in a pan and add in cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Add in the finely chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Saute till the onions are brown. Add in the chopped fenugreek leaves (methi). Also add in the sweet corn. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the boiled hot water and a veggie seasoning cube
- Once the water is boiling, add in the soaked and drained rice. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for about 6-7 minutes. Mix the rice once after 3-4 minutes.
- Once all the water has been absorbed, reduce the flame to low and let it cook for another two minutes. Switch off the flame and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: North Indian