Easy and quick recipe for South Indian Spicy Egg masala/Egg Roast. Makes for an excellent side dish.
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 Onions, Sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Slice 3 onions and dice 3 tomatoes. Set aside.You want the onions nice and thin and long.
- Heat a pan with Oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it pop.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry till light brown. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt, cumin powder and pepper powder. Add in some chopped coriander leaves. Fry till the tomatoes are nicely cooked and juiced down. It will take about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add half cup of water to deglaze the pan and make it a little saucy.
- Finally add in the boiled eggs and saute briefly to combine. Remove off heat and serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: South Indian