Fudge Brownies, Healthy Low-Fat Fudge Brownies Recipe.
Easy and healthy recipe for low-fat rich decadent fudge brownies. Very chocolaty and made from scratch. Adapted from Americas test kitchen.
Its Brownie time. The legendary American Brownie made lighter. I have a rule that I follow when I bake. If I have to label something as healthy, Vegan or gluten-free, then it needs to be as delicious as the regular one. This low-fat brownie is very moist, fudgy and chocolaty. It combines both chocolate and cocoa powder for a deep chocolate flavor. The traditional brownie can pack in nearly 200 calories whereas this one has just about 100.
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup low-fat cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line and butter an eight inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Let the paper be overflowing the edges of the pan so removing the brownies later will be easier.
- Sift the flour,cocoa, baking powder and salt over a medium bowl.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Add sugar,cream,vanilla, egg and egg white to the chocolate-butter mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Using a spatula spread and smooth the mixture in the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Roughly about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the brownies on a wire rack for about an hour. Then cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Cooling in the refrigerator helps in cutting the brownies.
- Cut the brownies into 2 inch pieces and serve
Store in the refrigerator for upto 3 days.