- 1 Cup Plain Rice Flour
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Take a pan and add in a cup of flour to the pan. Roast the flour on medium flame until the flour is very hot to the touch. Remove and set aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add in 1.5 cups of water, a teaspoon of oil and half a teaspoon of salt. Cover and cook for one whistle. Remove the pressure manually.
- Immediately add in the roasted rice flour and mix well to combine. Cover the cooker, put the whistle on and let it rest for 15 minutes. Remember the stove is off. We are just resting the dough covered. Rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the cooker and mix the dough. Prepare small oblong balls and load it in the idiyappam press. Press the idiyappam strings onto idli plates.
- Once the dough is pressed, transfer the plates to a steamer and steam the idiyappam for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of steaming, rest the idli plates for 5 minutes before removing the idiyappam.
Press the dough into idiyappam press when the dough is still hot. It becomes hard to press when the dough cools down.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: South Indian