Mutton Kola Urundai Recipe made with minced mutton and ground masala.
- Measurements Used – 1 Cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml.
Ingredients for grinding
- ½ cup fresh shredded coconut
- 1 medium sized onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon khuskhus – white poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 green chillies
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 5 stalks coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams minced mutton
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup fried gram / pottu kadalai
- 500 ml Vegetable oil
- Take the fried gram dal / pottu kadalai and make it to a fine powder in a small mixie jar / spice grinder.
- Add in all the ingredients listed under kola masala into a mixie / blender and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Take a kadai and add in the meat. Fry the minced mutton till its completely dry. Run the cooked minced mutton in a mixie / blender. Pulse for just a couple of times. Set aside.
- Add the minced meat, ground masala and the fried gram (pottu kadalai) powder and mix well to form a soft dough. Apply little oil to your hands. Make small 1.5 inch balls with your hands.
- Refrigerate the balls for 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil in a pan in medium heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the balls in low medium flame until golden.
- Serve mutton kolas hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu