Recipe for Easy No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake made with Digestive biscuits. This recipe does not use condensed milk. Any Indian style digestive biscuit will work for this recipe. This recipe is eggless too. Digestive biscuits dunked in chocolate ganache.
Chocolate biscuit cake is such an easy dessert that can be made in no time. Everyone loves this cake and I make this often at home for guests. My husband and I have quit eating dairy products due to a lot of allergy and inflammatory issues and I recently made this Vegan – No Bake Chocolate biscuit cake for a weekend dinner for the chocolate loving husband and son. The recipe uses digestive biscuits. McVities digestive biscuits are dairy free and Vegan. I made chocolate ganache for the cake using coconut milk! It came absolutely fabulous. Here is how to do it!
Coconut Milk Ganache
Weigh the chocolate and canned coconut milk. Chop the chocolate into small pieces so it melts easily. I forgot to chop the chocolate. So don’t be like me. Please chop the chocolate and then proceed with the recipe! I have used the regular Indian Dark chocolate bar (Morde dark chocolate)
Note: I have used canned coconut milk for making the ganache. One can use the same quantity of heavy cream for making the chocolate ganache. Any heavy cream variety will work. If in India, Amul cream will work!
Heat a kettle with little water and place the chocolate-coconut mixture on top of the kettle (Double-Boiler). Heating the chocolate directly on the stove will burn the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted, switch off the heat.
In a pan dry roast the cashews until golden and add it to the chocolate ganache.
Mix well with a whisk to combine. Add in half a teaspoon of real vanilla extract.
Break / Crumble 10 digestive biscuits and add it to the ganache.
Mix well to combine.
Get a loaf tin prepared by lining the loaf tin with cling wrap.
We will be dipping the biscuits in coffee. I mixed a teaspoon of instant coffee in half a cup of hot water. Do not dip the biscuits in coffee for long. The biscuits will become soggy. Just a quick dip is all that is required.
Line the coffee dipped biscuits in the loaf tin. If the sides are wide, break the biscuits and line them.
Pour half a cup of the chocolate ganache mixture on top of the lined biscuits. Repeat the procedure by layering the biscuits and then the ganache till all the ganache is consumed.
I got about four layers.
Once all the ganache has been used, use a silicone spatula to even the top.
Refrigerate the cake for 4-5 hours before serving. Run a knife on the sides of the pan to release the cake. Remove the cake from the mold and remove the cling wrap.
Cut the cake into slices and serve immediately.
The cake can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- 250 grams Dark Chocolate
- 200 grams Canned Coconut Milk
- 75 grams Cashew-nuts, broken into four
- ½ teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 25 McVities Digestive Biscuits (around 2 packs)
- 1 Teaspoon Coffee
- ½ Cup Hot Water
- Melt the chocolate and coconut milk in a double boiler. Add in the roasted cashews and vanilla extract. Add in 10 crumbled digestive biscuits. Whisk well to combine.
- Mix the instant coffee in hot water.
- Line the loaf tin with cling wrap.
- Dip the biscuits in coffee and layer on the loaf tin. Cover the biscuits with half a cup of the chocolate ganache mixture.
- Repeat the procedure by layering biscuits and ganache.
- Once all the ganache has been used, use a silicone spatula to even the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 4-5 hours before serving. Run a knife on the sides of the pan to release the cake. Remove the cake from the mold and remove the cling wrap.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve immediately.