I am seeing peaches all over the market now in HK. The sweet and juicy peaches are a sight to watch. I love everything about peaches. The colour, sweet smell, the ever so soft delicate skin that can be easily bruised if one is not careful, the delicate beauty! This recipe for peach salsa is a perfect vehicle for a tortilla chip or a taco. But, I like to have it with roasted Popadum. I am using white peaches today. White peaches are very delicate and super sweet. This can be put together in minutes. I like to use cold peaches for the salsa. These make for a perfect no guilt snack in the evening.
Get all the ingredients chopped and ready. I have used the Indian purple onion variety today. If you want it to be a little mellow, you can use a white onion. You can add chopped jalapenos instead of green chillies for a milder taste. I like to chop the ingredients fine. If you want it rustic, you can keep them a little chunky.
Take a bowl and add in all the ingredients and mix well. If you do not have maple syrup, you can substitute honey. I do not peel the skin of the peaches. They are very delicate and have a nice flavour. So I leave it on. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
Chill the peach salsa mixture for 2 hours. Macerating fruits make it super sweet by concentrating its flavours. Serve with your favorite baked tortilla chip or popadum.
Quick to make and Super Easy Peach Salsa – Serve with chips, tortillas or Papadum. The juicy peaches paired with onion and greens is a sure winner.
- 500 grams peaches, diced
- 1/3 cup of purple onion, finely chopped
- Juice of a lime
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs mint leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Take a bowl and add in all the ingredients and mix well.
- Chill the peach salsa mixture for 2 hours. Macerating fruits makes it super sweet by concentrating its flavours. Serve with your favorite baked tortilla chip or popadum.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Continental