Pol Roti – Srilankan Coconut Rotti is a flat bread made with atta flour mixed with coconut and aromatics. Delicious in every bite. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 2 cups Atta – Whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 3–4 green chillies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- coconut oil for greasing the griddle
- Take the fresh shredded coconut and green chillies in a small mixer and pulse it 3-4 times so that the coconut is very finely shredded and the chillies are ground.
- Take a big bowl and add in the atta flour, ghee, finely chopped onion, finely chopped curry leaves, salt and ground coconut – green chillies mixture. Make sure to really finely chop the ingredients. Otherwise the dough will break while rolling. Add few tablespoon of water at a time and mix the flour mixture well until a firm dough is formed.
- Take a golf ball size of dough, dust the dough ball generously in flour. Start rolling the dough gently.
- Spread the dough to a 4-5 inch circle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Set aside on a big plate.
- Heat a griddle and sprinkle oil on the griddle. Place the rolled dough on the griddle. Sprinkle oil to the top of the roti and cook for a minute.
- Flip over and cook for a minute more. Cook till its golden and brown spots appear all over the roti on both the sides. Cut it into four pieces and serve hot!
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: Sri Lanka