Pori Urundai Recipe. Tamil nadu style pori urundai recipe. With step by step pictures and video. Video recipe. Pori Urundai for Karthigai Deepam.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder (sukku)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup jaggery
- 4 cups puffed rice (pori)
- Boil quarter cup water in a pan. Add in the cardamom powder and dry ginger powder. Add in the jaggery and let it boil until the jaggery is completely melted. Strain the melted jaggery mixture to remove any impurities and sand. Add it back to the pan and start boiling the mixture again.
- When the mixture starts becoming syrupy, take a little bit of the syrup in a spoon and drop it in a bowl of water. Try gathering the mixture to form a ball. You should be able to form a nice firm ball. Once you reach this stage, remove the jaggery mixture from heat.
- Immediately add the jaggery mixture to the puffed rice (pori). Mix well with a spatula until thoroughly mixed. Take a small piece of the mixture and make into balls. Repeat with the remaining mixture and make balls. Set aside on a plate to cool.
NOTE: If in case the mixture cools down and the pori is set, slightly microwave or warm it on the stove to loosen a bit.
STORING: Store in an airtight container. The pori urundais stays fresh for up to a week.
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu