Recipe for Middle Eastern Shakshuka Recipe. Breakfast Shakshuka.
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 1 Red Onion, chopped fine
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped fine
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (or paprika)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley, finely chopped
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped garlic. Fry for 30 seconds in medium flame. Add in the finely chopped onions and the finely chopped green bell pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add in the juiced tomatoes. Add in the ground cumin powder, red chilli powder (or paprika) and the salt.
- Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes. Crack the eggs into the tomato mixture. Make a small dent in the sauce for each egg. Cover and simmer for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are no longer translucent. If you want the eggs runny, you can cook a little less. We like our eggs fully cooked at home. So cook the eggs as you like it. Finally, garnish with finely chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- Serve with slices of toasted bread.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern