Stuffed bread rolls recipe. These Indian style fried potato stuffed bread rolls are delicious in every single bite. With step by step pictures.
For the stuffing
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil / sunflower oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- A loaf of regular white sandwich bread
- 500ml vegetable oil / sunflower oil to deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the cumin seeds and onions. Fry for a minute.
- Add in the fresh peas, salt, chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala. Add little water and saute till the peas is cooked.
- Add in the boiled, peeled and roughly mashed potatoes. Add in the coriander leaves. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the stuffing into 8-10 equal size oblong pieces.
- Remove the crust from the bread. Gently dip the bread in water. Do not dip for long. The bread will become soggy. Just a quick dip for a second will do.
- Gently press the bread between hands to squeeze out all the water.
- Place the bread on a plate and place the stuffing in the middle. Start covering the stuffing by bringing the ends of the bread together.
- Bring the other two ends to cover the stuffing completely. Gently roll between the palms to shape the roll.
- Repeat until all the stuffing is rolled.
- Heat oil in a pan to deep-fry. Heat until the oil is really hot. Gently slide the rolls in oil.
- Fry till the rolls are nice and golden.
- Drain the fried bread rolls on paper towels. Serve hot with ketchup.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Indian