Recipe for Spiced tea with lemon popularly called as Sulaimani in Kerala. Flavored with cardamom, lemon and palm jaggery.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cardamom
- 1 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon tea leaves or 1 tea bag
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or plain jaggery or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Grate half a teaspoon of ginger and slightly bruise one cardamom with the back of a knife or a mallet. Set aside.
- Boil a cup of water in a kettle. When the water is boiling, add in the grated ginger, one cardamom, one clove, half a teaspoon of tea leaves and a teaspoon of palm sugar.
- Let it simmer for a minute. Switch off the heat and add in the lemon juice.
- Strain the tea. Serve hot!
- Category: tea
- Cuisine: Kerala