Easy to make Healthy Vegetarian/Vegan Penne Rigate Mushroom Ragu Bolognese Recipe. No cheese, No meat and No dairy Pasta Bolognese (Lite Recipe) for meat less mondays.
- 3 Tablespoon Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 2 medium carrots, very finely chopped
- 250 grams cremini/button mushroom caps, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli flakes (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 250 grams pasta
- 1/4 cup julienne fresh Basil
- Add oil to a wide skillet set over medium heat until shimmering. Add in the minced garlic, very finely chopped onions and the salt. Saute till well done and starting to brown.
- Add the very finely chopped mushrooms and the carrots. Add in the sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, pepper and red chilli flakes if using. Cook until the moisture in the mushroom completely evaporates and the mushrooms are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes and reduce the flame to low. Check for seasoning. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and add to the pot with ragu and let it cook in the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the fresh basil and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Vegan Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian