Recipe for Vegetable rice sevai using Instant sevai. Perfect for lunch box or dinner. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped
- 3–4 green chillies, chopped
- 3–4 dried red chillies, broken
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 3 cups vegetables of your choice (I used carrots, beans, bell peppers and cabbage)
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams rice sevai / rice noodles (cook according to package instructions)
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, chopped curry leaves, green chillies and dried red chillies. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add in the finely chopped garlic and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add in the sliced onions and the salt. Saute for a few minutes till the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the hard veggies first which will take more time to cook. I added the carrots and the beans. Saute for 3-4 minutes until half cooked.
- Add in the rest of the veggies – Cabbage and the bell peppers. Saute for a couple of minutes. I like the bell peppers to have a slight crunch, so I do not cook it for long.
- Add in the cooked noodles and the coriander leaves. Mix well to combine. Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu