Vegetables with Turmeric and Coconut Milk Sauce Recipe. Healthy Vegan and Gluten Free curry recipe. Turmeric curry with coconut milk and spices. Recipe with step by step pictures / images and video.
Ingredients for Vegetables with Turmeric and Coconut Milk Sauce
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cashewnut
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 green chillies, slit
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup beans, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- Juice of one lemon
How to make Vegetables with Turmeric and Coconut Milk Sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped garlic and ginger. Add in the finely chopped curry leaves too. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add in the cashew nuts. Cashew Nuts adds a nice crunch and texture to the curry. Saute for a minute. Add in the diced onions and saute for a minute.
- Add in the finely chopped tomatoes and salt. Saute for a few minutes so the tomatoes become soft and juicy.
- Add in the green chillies, turmeric powder, curry powder and a cube of vegetable stock. The vegetable stock cube adds a lot of flavour to the curry. If you do not want to add the stock cube, you can use homemade vegetable stock. Add in the chopped mint leaves. The mint leaves adds a nice flavour to the turmeric curry.
- Now we will add in the vegetables. Add in the vegetables that take a long time to cook first. I have added carrots and beans. Add in around 1.5 cups of water, cover with lid and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the corn and the fresh green peas. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Finally add in the broccoli. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for just two minutes. We need to retain the crunch of the vegetables. So do not cook for a long time.
- Add in the coconut milk and lemon juice. Add in the bell peppers. After adding the bell peppers, just simmer for a minute and remove from heat. You do not want to cook for a long time as the bell peppers will become soggy and lose their crunch.
- Serve hot with brown rice.
Keywords: Vegetables with Turmeric and Coconut Milk Sauce