Palak Paneer recipe. Easy Palak Paneer recipe that is made with only 6 ingredients and absolutely healthy. Recipe with step by step pictures and video
Main Ingredients for making home style palak paneer recipe
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 whole pods of garlic
- 2 cups onions, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 green chillies
- 250 grams palak leaves / spinach leaves
Paneer Prep for making Palak Paneer
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 200 grams paneer, diced
- a pinch of salt
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the garlic. I like to use coconut oil for making this Palak Paneer recipe. If you do not like the flavour of coconut oil, use any vegetable oil. Add in two whole pods of garlic. I know it looks like a lot of garlic, but believe me, it adds a lot of flavour to this recipe.
- Add in the roughly chopped onions. We will be using about two cups of onions for this recipe. Again, it looks like a lot of onions but the roasted onions add to the aroma and flavour to the recipe.
- Add in the salt. Add a little less as spinach when wilted will be nothing. We can adjust the seasoning in the palak paneer recipe later if need be.
- Add in the green chillies. If you do not want a spicy palak paneer, remove the seeds from the chillies and add only the skin. The spicy heat is in the seeds. The skin has a lot of flavour. You can up the green chillies if you like your Palak Paneer spicy restaurant style.
- Saute the veggies on a medium flame for a good ten minutes till the onions are soft and slightly golden and the garlic is slightly roasted and brown. Its really essential that the onions are properly cooked as the taste of the palak paneer dish depends on how well the garlic and the onions are cooked.
- Add in the washed and cleaned spinach leaves / palak leaves. I do not chop the leaves and I add in the leaves along with the stem. Unlike other greens the stem is not very hard and fibrous. Palak stem is very tasty.
- Add in a little water so the steam will help to wilt the spinach quickly and the onions wont scorch at the bottom.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes till the spinach is completely wilted. Do not cook for long. Cooking for long will make the greens lose colour. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a bit. Grind the spinach / palak mixture to a smooth puree. Do not add any water while grinding.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the diced paneer. Sprinkle a little salt and roast the paneer cubes to golden on all sides. Add it to the spinach puree. Garnish the Palak Paneer with some chopped green chillies and serve hot with roti / paratha. Amazing Palak Paneer is ready.
You can replace the paneer with tofu to make it a vegan Tofu Palak recipe.
Keywords: palak paneer