Healthy potato roast made using air fryer. Potatoes cooked and marinated in masalas, air fried to crisp texture. With step by step pictures.
For Boiling Potatoes
- 500 grams potatoes, peeled and diced big
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 ml water
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- curry leaves for garnish
- Boil the potatoes with baking soda and salt till tender. Set aside.
- Take a bowl and add in all the spice powders, salt and smashed whole garlic. Toss the masalas well.
- Add in the potatoes and toss gently so the masalas evenly coat the potatoes.
- Line the air fryer tray with masala coated potatoes. Do not crowd the pan. Set the temperature of the air fryer to 180C and fry for 20 minutes.
- Fry in batches.
- Once fried, toss in some fresh curry leaves and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: South Indian