Recipe for Akki Rotti – Karnataka style flat bread made with rice flour and vegetables. Perfect for breakfast. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon fresh shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies.
- 2 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoon shredded radish
- 2 tablespoon shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped dill leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot Water (Approx – around 2 Cups – Add water carefully)
- Peanut Oil / Vegetable Oil for making Akki Rotti
- Take a bowl and add in all the ingredients except water and oil. Mix well.
- Add in the boiling hot water little by little and mix with a wooden spatula. Let the batter resemble that of vada batter.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame. When the pan is hot, place the ball on the center of the skillet. Start to spread the ball using your fingers. Be quick to do it. Sprinkle little water on the dough and spread the rotti on the pan.
- Sprinkle little oil on the rotti now. Cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame for one minute.
- Remove the cover and flip the rotti. Cook for a minute more.
- Akki rotti is ready. Serve with coconut chutney.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Karnataka