Aloo Bhindi Masala is an easy recipe which is a perfect side dish for chapati , roti.
- 250 grams Bhindi / Ladies finger
- 2–3 potatoes
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 4 tablespoon Oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 3 medium sized onions
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 4–5 springs coriander leaves
- Cut the Bhindi about 1.5 inches long. Add it to the pan. Add some oil and a couple of tablespoons of yogurt. They say yogurt helps in reducing the slime from the bhindi. Fry for about 15 minutes on low flame.Set aside.
- In the same pan add in the peeled and diced potatoes and fry for a minute. Add in half a cup of water and cook until fork tender. Set aside.
- Add oil in a pan and when its hot, add in the cumin seeds and the dried red chillies. Let it splutter.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and saute until lightly brown and reduced to half of its original volume. It will take about 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- In the mean time crush and puree the tomatoes in a blender.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and the pureed tomatoes.
- Add in the turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and the salt. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the flame of the stove to low, and simmer it for 10 minutes. Stir once in 3-4 minutes to avoid scorching at the bottom.
- When the curry is simmering, powder some roasted peanuts in a blender. Set aside.
- Add in the bhindi, potatoes and peanut powder and stir well to combine. Add in the coriander leaves. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati.
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Indian