- 1 head of cauliflower (around 350–400 grams), chopped
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 5–6 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil plus 2 teaspoon peanut oil to air fry
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 4 tomatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- First, we will do some prep. We will marinate the veggies in some salt and then briefly air fry. Chop the cauliflower into bite size pieces and add it to a bowl. Peel the potatoes and slice them into quarter inch pieces. Add it to another bowl. Add half a teaspoon of salt to each of the bowl and mix well. Also add a few slit green chillies to the potato marinade. We will be air frying them too! Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now add a teaspoon of oil to the cauliflower and toss well to coat. Arrange the cauliflower in the air fryer and fry for 10-12 minutes at 180 C. Try not to crowd the fry pan and fry in batches if necessary. You can also bake them in an oven instead of an air fryer.
- Now lets air fry the potatoes. Drain the water from the potatoes. Add a teaspoon of oil and toss well to coat. Fry the potatoes the same way like cauliflower for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
- In the mean time, grate the tomatoes. The skin might come off. Discard the skin.
- Take a heavy pan and add in some oil. Add in the minced ginger and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds till the ginger is very aromatic.
- Add in the grated tomatoes to the pan. Fry for a good 5-7 minutes till the oil seperates.
- Add in the spice powders and the remaining salt. After adding the spice powders, saute for a few seconds for the spice powders to cook.
- Add in quarter cup of water. Add in the veggies and the peas. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle water if necessary to avoid scorching at the bottom.
- Finally add in the coriander leaves and mix well. Remove the pan from heat and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: North Indian