Fool proof recipe for the tastiest American Bakery Style Banana Nut Bread. Baked in a loaf pan. With step by step pictures.
- 1 2/3 cups-200 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Peel bananas and mash them with a back of a fork. Set aside. Butter and flour a bread loaf tin. Preferably a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Measure and add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Sift the dry ingredients. Sift the flour, salt, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in the eggs and the granulated sugar. Beat together the eggs and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil. Slow is the key. You want to create an emulsion. Dumping all the oil at once will create the egg mixture to break. Drizzle the oil slowly so everything becomes one homogenous mixture. Once the oil has been added, add in the vanilla and the yogurt.
- Add the sifted flour mixture and the nuts to the batter. Chop the nuts coarsely. Walnuts or pecans work well.
- Fold the mixture until roughly mixed. Add in the mashed bananas to the batter.
- Fold the mixture well until everything is combined well. No specks of flour should remain visible. Make sure the nuts are evenly distributed. Transfer it to a loaf tin and bake for 60 – 80 minutes until the center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack completely.
- Store it in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American