Recipe for Spicy and crispy Andhra Style Potato Fry – Aloo gadda fry.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 5–6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon salt for soaking potatoes in water
- 300–400 ml Oil for deep frying
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Dice them into really small pieces.
- Take a bowl and add lots of water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Soak the diced potatoes in water for 10-15 minutes. After soaking, wash the potatoes in running water and drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai until really hot. Just drop a couple of diced potatoes and if it foams and bubbles and fries, the oil is ready. Add in the diced potatoes to the oil. Let the flame be high. Potatoes take time to cook. Occasionally, stir it once or twice. Fry for at-least 7-8 minutes.
- The potatoes will slowly start to become lightly golden on the edges. When its starting to become golden on the edges, the potatoes are ready. Remove from the hot oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Roughly crush some garlic cloves. No need to peel the skin of the garlic cloves. Add it to a bowl. Add the hot drained fried potatoes to the bowl. Add salt and chilli powder. Toss to coat.
- Serve it with rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: South Indian, Andhra