Easy Vegetarian recipe for Warm Tomato Mint Soup. Best home remedy when sick with cold, fever or headache. Also aids in digestion.
- 2 teaspoon ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 of a medium onion
- 2 teaspoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 6–7 tomatoes
- 15 stalks mint leaves
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1.5 cups – 375ml water
- Boil water in a kettle and drop the tomatoes in boiling water. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove off heat. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin of the tomatoes. Run the peeled tomatoes in a blender to a puree. Strain the puree to get rid of the seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and add 2 teaspoons of ghee (you can use olive oil if you want it vegan). Add in the very finely chopped onions and fry till soft.
- Once the onions are soft, add in the corn flour (corn starch) and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add in 1.5 cups of water and stir well. Add in the strained tomato puree. Add in the salt, pepper and a little sugar to taste.
- In the mean time take 15-18 mint stalks and tie it with a clean cotton thread. Add it to the soup and make sure the leaves are fully immersed. Let it boil for 10 minutes on medium flame. After 10 minutes, remove the mint stalks and try to squeeze all of the juices back on to the soup with the help of the tongs.
- Simmer the soup for a minute more. Check for seasoning. Add more salt or pepper if necessary. Remove off heat.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Indian