Arisiyum paruppum saadham recipe
- 1 cup Rice, preferably parboiled rice like ponni
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoon sesame / gingely oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 onions. finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sambar powder
- 2 tablespoon hot Ghee for serving
- Wash and soak the rice and the toor dal in water.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the onions and the garlic and fry till the onions are soft and slowly starting to brown.
- Add in the finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt. Fry well till the tomatoes are juiced down and mashed together.
- Add in the hot water to the pan. Strain the rice and dal and add it to the pan. Check for seasoning.
- Cook the rice in a pressure pan for 3 whistles on medium flame. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Main COurse
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu