- 8–10 ripe Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- handful of chopped basil leaves
- Bring a lot of water to boil in a kettle. Drop in the tomatoes and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the skin of the tomatoes starts to crack. Remove from heat and let it cool. Peel the skin of the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into half and remove the seeds. Keep a strainer below while removing seeds to catch the juices. Add in the strained juices to the tomato meat and blend in a mixer to a puree. Set aside.
- Heat Extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped garlic and chopped onion. Fry till the onions are soft.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper, red chilli flakes. little sugar and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer the Arrabbiata sauce for 10 minutes. Add in some chopped basil and switch off the flame.
- Serve Arrabbiata sauce with penne pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Pasta Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian