Recipe for Baby Corn Pepper Fry. Dry Recipe. Baby Corn Milagu Varuval, Tamilnadu style. With step by step pictures.
- 20 baby corn, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 5 stalk spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon besan – kadala maavu
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 500 ml refined sunflower / vegetable oil for deep frying
- Clean and cut the baby corn into one inch pieces. Slightly boil them in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Take a bowl and add in the hot, half cooked baby corn. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well with hand. If the mixture is very dry, add in a tablespoon of water.
- Heat a pan of oil until hot. Take the baby corn and try to press the masala with the thumb and gently place them in oil. This will ensure that the masalas dont separate in oil.
- Fry the baby corn in really hot oil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with tea.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu