Bellappa Dosa. How to make dosa batter with yeast. Soft spongy dosa batter made with yeast.
- 1 cup idli rice (par-boiled rice) (240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash idli rice well in running water. Soak the idli rice (par-boiled rice), urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for a couple of hours.
- After soaking, drain the water and grind the batter with a cup of water. Add in the yeast and the cooked rice along while grinding. grind to a smooth paste.
- Take a big bowl and transfer the batter to the bowl. Allow it to ferment for 2-3 hours. Mix well and allow it to ferment again for 5-6 hours.
- After the fermentation, add in the salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a dosa griddle/pan until medium hot. Apply few drops of oil on the griddle. Ladle the batter and pour it onto the griddle. Cover the griddle with a lid and let it cook for a minute on low medium flame.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Karnataka