Besan Cheela, Easy North Indian Chickpea Flour – Gram Flour crepe. It is a quick and easy to make Indian breakfast.
- 1 cup besan, chickpea flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs finely chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida (Hing), Optional
- ⅔ to 1 cup water
- Sieve the chickpea flour.
- Add in the onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and the spices. Dump them all. Add in half a cup of water at first and mix well with a wooden spoon until a thick smooth batter forms.
- Add more water and dilute the batter. The batter should be slightly watery than the typical dosa batter.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of batter and pour on a lightly oiled preheated griddle and cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly brown on low flame. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian