Recipe for easy savoury biscuits with black pepper and garlic. Perfect beginners recipe. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 280 grams maida (all purpose flour)
- 50 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 30 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic bread seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Take a bowl and add in the maida (all purpose flour), powdered sugar, baking powder, salt and black pepper. Let the butter be at room temperature. Add in the garlic bread seasoning powder.
- Mix everything by hand so the butter gets evenly mixed. The mixture will now have a sandy texture after incorporating butter.
- Add in the milk and knead the dough for a couple of minutes. (If the dough is very dry, feel free to add in a few tablespoon of milk)
- Knead for a couple of minutes till a smooth dough is formed. Rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into thin sheets using a rolling pin on a work surface that is slightly dusted with flour. Do not use too much flour while rolling the dough. It will make for hard cookies.
- Cut the edges and cut the sheets into small squares or into desired shapes. Bake the biscuits in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.The biscuits are done when it becomes golden on top.
- You can also make these biscuits using cookie cutters. Roll the dough into thin sheets and stamp out the biscuits in desired shapes and sizes. Let the rolled dough be thin so the biscuits bake to a crisp consistency.
- Bake the biscuits in a preheated 180 C oven for 20 minutes.The biscuits are done when it becomes slightly golden on top.
- Once the cookies are baked, let it cool to room temperature. Store it in an air tight container and use it for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: biscuits
- Cuisine: Continental