South Indian Boiled egg fry – Tamil style recipe. Dry Egg Fry Recipe. Masala marinated eggs roasted on a pan. Spicy Indian style.
- 4 dry red chillies
- 2 tablespoon fried gram (pottu kadalai)
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 black pepper corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon oil to roast the eggs
- 6 Boiled Eggs
- Sliced onions and coriander leaves for garnish
- We will make a masala for coating the eggs. Take a small mixie jar and add in the following ingredients.
- Dry Red Chillies, fried gram (pottu kadalai) , Ginger, Garlic, Black Pepper, and Salt. Add 2 tablespoon of water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Halve the eggs into two and apply the masala liberally on the yolk side of the halved eggs. Let it marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil on a skillet and place the eggs yolk side down and roast for couple of minutes. Turn the eggs and roast the white side for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with a garnish of chopped coriander leaves.
If the marinade is watery, add a teaspoon of rice flour to make it thick.
The marinade can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 3 days.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu