Recipe for whole wheat bran muffins made with 100% whole wheat flavored with cinnamon and dates paste. A healthy morning muffin recipe. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 100 grams wheat bran
- 100 grams whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 regular eggs
- 100 grams fine granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon regular white vinegar
- 200 grams pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat the oven for 20 minutes at 400F / 200C.
- Weigh and add the wheat bran and whole wheat flour (atta) in a bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Whisk all the ingredients well to combine. Set aside.
- Take a seperate bowl and add in the eggs and sugar. Add in the vanilla extract, oil and regular white vinegar.
- Grind the dates (pitted – seeds removed) and water to a fine paste in a mixie / food processor.
- Add it to the wet ingredients. Whisk all the ingredients to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix to combine.
- Scoop the batter in the muffin cups. I like to fill the batter all the way so it rises all the way. Bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit / 200 degree Celsius oven for 30 minutes.
- Insert a tooth pick after 30 minutes and if it comes clean, the muffins are done. Remove the muffins and let in cool on a wire rack for half an hour.
- Store the muffins in an air tight container. The muffins will last up to 2-3 days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American