Easy recipe for Brown Butter Nutella Crepes with step by step pictures. Makes an excellent breakfast or a simple dessert.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon Nutella
- Fruits of your choice for garnish
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, crack an egg, add 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup milk.
- Add in the salt and whisk until combined. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Set a heavy pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, continue cooking until the butter is golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside. Add the browned butter into the mixture and whisk till its completely combined. Set aside
- Set a pan over medium heat. Cast iron or non-stick works well. Using a 1/4 – 1/3 cup measure (depending on how big you want the crepes), scoop the batter and pour it into the center of the pan. Using a rotating motion with your wrist, swirl the batter around and out to the edges of the pan. Cook for a minute. Flip the crepe over. Cook on the other side for 15-30 seconds. Slide the crepe on a plate and set aside.
- Spread with 1/2 tablespoon of the Nutella on one half of each crepe and just roll it up or fold into triangles. Garnish with fruits and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French