Vegetable Burnt Garlic Fried Rice Recipe. Measurements used – 1 cup = 250 ml
For the Rice
- 2 cups Rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2–3 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup carrots, chopped fine (about 2–3 carrots)
- 1 cup beans, chopped fine (about 16–18 beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the fried Garlic
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped very fine
For the Scrambled Eggs (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the Basmati rice in a rice cooker or a pressure cooker and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped celery. Fry the celery for a minute. Add in the veggies. Saute the veggies on high flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add in the soy sauce and the rice vinegar. Add in a teaspoon of sugar and freshly ground pepper. Saute for a minute. Add in the rice and mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped garlic and saute on medium flame until browned. Add it to the rice.
- Just scramble the eggs in little bit of oil and salt and add it to the rice.
- Combine everything well and check for seasoning. Add salt if necessary. Serve hot.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Asian