Recipe for easy vegetable rice made with cabbage and herbs. Very easy lunch box recipe that can be put together in under 30 minutes. Recipe with step by step pictures and video.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 green chillies, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 20-30 minutes. Drain the water. Add 1.5 cups of water to every cup of rice used. Cook in a pressure cooker, medium flame – for exactly 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.After 5 minutes release the pressure from the cooker using a fork or a spoon. Open the cooker and fluff up the rice. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely minced garlic and finely minced ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the green chillies and Italian seasoning.
- Add in the onions and saute for two minutes. Add in the capsicum.
- Add in the cabbage. Saute for 5-7 minutes until the cabbage is 3/4th done.
- Add in the chopped spring onion and coriander leaves. Add in the salt and the sugar. The little sugar will balance the taste. Fry briefly for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cooled rice and mix well to combine. Cabbage fried rice is ready.