Recipe for kothu parotta made with whole wheat atta chapati. Easy recipe made with leftover chapati. Veg. Kothu chapati recipe. With step by step pictures.
- 6 chapati / roti
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
- 6–7 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Cut the chapati into small bits. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the fennel seeds. Add in the sliced onions and saute till the onions are soft and starting to brown here and there. Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Add in quarter cup of water, chopped curry leaves, mint leaves and simmer the gravy for five minutes.
- Add in the chopped chapati / roti and mix well to combine.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu