Cheppankizhangu Cutlet, Arbi Cutlet Recipe. Cutlet using Cheppankizhangu – Cheppankizhangu is also called as Taro root or Colocassia. This is a fantastic snack perfect for evening with tea.
- 250 grams arbi
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 6 green chillies, finely chopped
- 7–8 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 stalks mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
For Deep Frying
- 500 ml sunflower / canola oil
- Pressure cook Arbi until soft. Peel and mash.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Using wet hands, portion the arbi dough into small balls. Press the balls into patties.
- Roll the patties in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil until hot. Gently place the patties in hot oil and fry the patties till golden. It will take about 2-3 minutes. Drain the cutlets on paper towels.
- Serve Arbi Cutlets – Taro root cutlets hot with ketchup.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu