Tamilnadu style Boneless chicken 65 recipe made with chicken breasts marinated in a spicy masala and deep fried in oil.
For the marinade
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour – atta
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 500 ml vegetable / sunflower oil to deep fry
- Add the chicken pieces to a bowl and add in all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix well to coat evenly. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes to an hour at room temperature. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the oil.
- Add a handful of curry leaves to the oil at the same time.
- When most of the bubbles have gone, remove the chicken pieces from oil. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.
For a deep red color, you can add a pinch of red food coloring to the marinade. This is an optional ingredient. I have not added any food coloring.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu