Easy and quick Bachelor Chicken Kurma Curry Recipe – Pressure Cooker Method. Can be put together in less than 30 minutes.
For the Spice Powder
- 6 dried red chillies
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1½ tablespoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon poppy seeds (khus khus)
For the paste
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 500 grams chicken with bone
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 150 ml coconut milk, store bought
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- Take a flat pan and add in all the ingredients listed under “spice powder” except turmeric and poppy seeds (khuskhus). Fry until fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixie / spice grinder. Add in the turmeric and raw poppy seeds. Grind the mixture to a very fine powder.
- In the same mixie, add in the onion, garlic and the ginger. Add 1/2 a cup of water and grind to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Take a pressure pan and add in the chicken pieces. Add in the ground masala paste. Add in the coconut milk. Add in the curry leaves and the salt. Add one cup of water.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Cover the pan and cook for 5 whistles or for 12-13 minutes on medium flame. Remove from heat after all the whistles are over and wait for the pressure to release from the cooker naturally.
- Open the cooker and garnish the chicken kurma with coriander leaves.
- Category: Side Dish / Gravy
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu