Chicken Manchurian Recipe – Recipe for easy restaurant style chicken manchurian dry recipe. Recipe with step by step pictures and video.
Marinating chicken for chicken manchurian
500 grams boneless chicken breasts, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 cup maida /all purpose flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Other ingredients for making chicken manchurian
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (plus 1 cup vegetable oil to deep fry)
2 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup green capsicum, diced
1/2 cup red capsicum, diced
2 tablespoon spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
For the Sauce
1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chilli garlic sauce
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
Corn starch slurry
2 tablespoon corn starch
1 cup water
- First we will marinate the chicken. Usually boneless chicken breasts are used for this recipe. But chicken thighs works well too. Cut the chicken into half inch cubes. Make sure to cut the pieces evenly and do not have big pieces. Keep the pieces small and uniform. To the chicken, add in the salt, black pepper, egg, soy sauce and mix well. The egg is a binding agent and makes the chicken soft too. Add in the maida, corn flour (corn starch) and the little baking powder. Mix well to combine. Do not add any water. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. I prefer to use a wide pan for frying the chicken. When the oil is hot place the chicken. Cook on one side for two minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for two minutes more. If the pieces are small, the chicken will cook in no time. Do not cook for long as the chicken will become very dry. If the pieces are big, you need to cook for a minute or two more. Just cut a piece with a knife. The insides should be white and not pink. If its pink, it needs to cook more. Once the chicken is fried, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the minced garlic and minced ginger. Saute for a minute. Add in the diced onions, green capsicum and the red capsicum. Saute for a minute more.
- In the mean time, take a bowl and add in the soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, black pepper powder, salt and a little water. Go easy on the salt as all these sauces have enough salt in them. Mix well. Add it to the pan. Cook for a minute.
- Also make a corn starch slurry by mixing corn flour (corn starch) and water. Add it to the pan. The sauce will immediately thicken up. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add in the fried chicken, chopped spring onions and chopped coriander leaves. Toss well. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 20m
Keywords: chicken manchurian