Easy recipe for South Indian style Tamilnadu style Chicken Pakoda. Spicy Chicken Pakoda recipe perfect for parties.
- 250 grams boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 green chillies, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs mint leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 medium sized Onions, Sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup besan (kadala maavu, chickpea flour)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the boneless chicken breast pieces into small cubes. Add it to a big bowl. Add in the fennel seeds, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, chopped green chillies and the salt. Mix well to combine. Add in the mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Add in the Sliced onions, baking soda, corn flour, besan and oil. Mix everything well with your fingers and slowly add 3-4 tablespoons of water adding very little at a time. It should be a very stiff, thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Drop a little pakoda batter into the oil and if it sizzles, the oil is hot and ready. Take little teaspoonful’s of batter and drop them gently in oil. Fry until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve hot!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu