Recipe for Asian style chilled cucumber salad. Din Tai Fung style chilled cucumber salad with chilli garlic oil. Perfect first course for a meal. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers (preferably persian cucumbers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Slice the cucumbers into slightly thick pieces (about half centimetre) and add it to a bowl. Add in the salt, mix well and set aside.
- Take a small pan and heat the oil along with chilli flakes and minced garlic. Saute on a low flame till its aromatic. Set aside. Let it cool a bit.
- Add in the sugar and the vinegar to the cucumber. Also add in the chilli oil.
- Mix everything well to combine. I like to use my hands to mix. Chill everything for 2-3 hours and serve cold.
- Serve cold as a first course.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian