Asian inspired easy and lite chilled summer soup recipe with strawberries and lemongrass.
Ingredients for Stock
- 1 teaspoon pectin powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Grated Zest of one lemon
- 1 stalk lemongrass chopped
- 2 cups water
- 250 grams strawberries
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
For the Garnish
- Sliced Strawberries
- Mint Sprigs
- Dice the strawberries into small chunks and combine 2 tablespoon of sugar and let it macerate while we prepare the stock.
- Combine all the stock ingredients together in a saucepan and let it come to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally so the sugar dissolves. Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil, remove the pan from heat.
- Place a sieve over the bowl of strawberries and add the hot lemongrass stock. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours. Leaving it overnight is fine. The flavors develop over time.
- Garnish: Garnish the soup with thinly sliced strawberries and mint sprigs.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French