Chola dosai and chola idli batter recipe. How to make fermented sorghum idli-dosa batter. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 cup parboiled rice (idli rice)
- 1 cup vellai cholam (sorghum millet)
- 1 cup whole white urad dal – unpolished
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and soak the grains in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water and add the soaked grains to the grinder. Add water little by little while grinding. Grind the batter for half an hour in the wet grinder. Add upto two cups of water while grinding the batter.
- Add in the salt to the grinder. After half an hour, stop the grinder and feel the batter. The batter should be smooth.
- Use the batter to make idli and dosa.
- The batter can be refrigerated for up-to two days and used accordingly.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu