Easy recipe for corn cutlet. Perfect for parties. One of the great make ahead Party recipes. Freezes well too.
- 4 potatoes, boiled
- 1 cup corn, boiled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 stalks coriander leaves, finely chopped
For the Coating
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Boil the potatoes till fork tender. Mash the potatoes and mix it with boiled corn kernels. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the chopped onions. Fry till the onions are soft. Add in the crushed garlic and saute for a minute. Next, add in the chopped curry leaves, finely chopped green chilies and salt. Set aside.
- Add in this mixture to the potato corn mixture along with finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Check for seasoning. Mix well to combine. Make small patties and keep it in a plate.
- Take the patties and dip it in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside. Repeat till all the patties are coated in egg and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Place the patties and shallow fry on both sides until golden. Remove the cutlets and drain on paper towels.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Indian