Recipe or making home made curry masala powder. South Indian Style curry masala powder used for kurma and non-veg dishes.
- Measurements used – 1 cup = 250ml
- 30 dried red chillies
- 5 sticks cinnamon (two inch sticks)
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 cup coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Dry roast the chillies on low flame until the chillies starts to fluff up a bit and is brown here and there. Please use caution to not burn the chillies.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and dry roast till its very fragrant and the seeds are slightly brown. If your are doubling or tripling the recipe, dry roast in batches.
- Wait for the roasted spices to completely cool before grinding.
- Grind the spices to a very smooth and fine powder. If the quantity is large, then grind it in batches.
- Spread the ground masala on a newspaper to cool. Let it completely cool before you can store it in bottles.
- Category: Spice Powder
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu