Easy and quick recipe for capsicum / bell pepper fried rice. The entire recipe can be put together in under 30 minutes.
Main ingredients for making Capsicum Fried Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
Veggies for making Capsicum Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
Here is how to make Capsicum Fried Rice
- Boil the rice and set aside to cool.
- Heat couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan and add in a heaping teaspoon of dry Italian herb seasoning. Add in 2 tablespoons of minced garlic. Saute briefly until you can smell the aromatics. Add in onions, slit green chillies and the salt. Saute till the onions are cooked and slightly brown. It will take 5-8 minutes in medium flame.
- Add in the vegetables. Saute till the bell peppers have reduced to half. It will take 10 minutes in medium flame. Add in a teaspoon of black pepper powder and saute for a minute more.
- Add in the cooked rice.Mix well to combine. Finally add in some coriander leaves and remove off from heat. Serve.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: capsicum fried rice